Saturday, January 19, 2008

Latest Attractions

This is just a list of things I have watched lately and enjoyed.

Tonight I watched the movie "Everything is Illuminated." I would instantly put it in my top five favorite movies right behind Amelie. I had seen parts of it before, but having seen the entire thing I realize it to be one of my favorites. I recommend it if you have the time.

Secondly, I've been watching Anthony Bourdain's No Reservation on the Travel Channel. Excellent show. It has become my favorite television show lately.

Third, for information on the election stay tuned to PBS. I have found PBS' Now and Washington Week to be very informative sources for what is going on in the election, and should care because your vote counts:)

Last, make sure you watch the Green Bay Packers because they are going to win the Super Bowl. O yeah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed, Everything is Illuminated is a great movie that not enough people have heard of.

Go Pack tonight!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think, Joe, you should open up a comment on grieving for the Packers game. Some of us braved the late start time (12:30 am local time) to see the Packers win the NFC Championship game. Some of us sprinted home to see Overtime when the stupid Irish pub wanted to close at 4 no matter what. Some of us nearly vomitted after sprinting 2 miles, elated from the 2nd missed field goal only to hear some morons talking in German about how "that could have been a catastrophic miss by Herr Tynes." Joe, I think I have Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. Please help me. Is your level of disbelief as high as mine? Could this really have come down to this? All those wins, all those records, for nothing? Please tell me that Favre is coming back to avenge the 2nd worst quarterback in the NFL behind only Rex Grossman. We whipped them in the 2nd week? What were the Packers thinking playing so conservatively, haven't they lost EVERY game where they play consevervatively?!?! Joe I don't know what to do. Any thoughts/Suggestions/Advice on how to get over this?

Anonymous said...

nooooo!, you are suffering from post-loss distress syndrome. Immediately after the game last night, I witnessed road rage, yelling, and lots of hanging heads here in Wisconsin.

I think this one is easier to stomach than 4th and 26, as the Packers were outplayed, Ryan Grant was shut down, and the killer plays were two fumbles that we didn't recover.