Friday, February 29, 2008

Running

I guess there can certainly be a competitive element to running. I should have said that there are different levels of competitiveness and different types. I generally like to run with people or by myself. I have never raced against anyone so I really shouldn't have spoke of the competitive nature. If I had my way I would want a woman who can play tennis with me because it is this direct competition. It is putting all your energy into an object and sailing it across to her. So she can thwart it back to you. At the same time you're both trying to anticipate each other's moves so that you can beat the other person strategically. All this occurs within seconds. I find that about as good as it gets. While it is not a direct counter to Dan's comment about running being competitive, it is what I had in mind. The irony of all this is I met Rory while doing yoga - a very personal, extremely non-competitive activity. Alas, cupid's arrow;)

No comments: