Saturday, February 2, 2008

Buy Patagonia

Do you care about the products you buy? Do you care about quality, style, or price. I'm sure on that list quality comes last. And if we get to quality does that include how it was made? Do you care if slave labor made it, harmful chemicals made that, much transport was needed to get it to you. How much crap do we actually need?

When push comes to shove I really don't care about any of this because it takes way too much time to find out about it. But what if I do know about it? What if I can get a quality piece from Patagonia on sale? Fully recycled and made in a well groomed factory? I think I should. Should I be wary of people who say they offer me a green label and try to pass it off as quality (Star*cough*bucks) Hell yeah.

I think I have a few points. One, be somewhat conscious of who you buy from. It's as important as the products. Two, just because it's high quality, doesn't mean it has to be expensive. Be smart. Buy pieces from outlets and sale racks. Those are my favorite places for clothing. Third, don't be deceived by companies that try to convince that they are helping the world. They maybe or may not be. Do some research on your brands. It's really important. Make the company work for you, not the other way around.