Monday, February 25, 2008

Music

I find music essential to the mind. There is something unique about it.

Over my reflection period, I chose to listen to World Beat and Folk. I am not sure if this shows a shift in me somehow. I used to be obsessed with classic rock, then pop, then classical, then jazz, then world beat, now folk. What makes music appeal to you at one point in your life and have no meaning the next. I used to love pop music, now the sound of it makes me dance, but it leaves me unfulfilled. The same is true of the other forms. Music I used to really love seems tied to another self.

Do what you want with this...

Artists I really enjoyed in my reflection period...

-17 Hippies
-Gillian Welch
-Salif Keita
-Karine Polwart

All from the BBC's Radio 3's Late Junction. I'm obsessed with the show, and consequently the music.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My music of choice for reflection and contemplation is Native American Flute. Very peaceful and very natural.

Tea Talker said...

Native american flute is a very nice sound to me, but just because it reminds me of Northern Exposure.