Tuesday, March 4, 2008

New Trend

On some reflection I think the new trend is not moving toward people working as a community, but in networks. Instead of being bound to someone for your livelihood, you are bound to someone for some specific purpose(s) and then you move on to the next person. There are advantages and disadvantages to this. The advantage is that your potential to grow as individual is great because the greater quantity and quality of people you have in your network the more you can understand and more opportunities you can receive. The disadvantages are that you are not bounded to anyone in your network like you would be in a community. If Joe cannot offer me what I want then the logic stands that I no longer associate with Joe. I feel torn on which I prefer. Most likely an ideal combination of both. A community that is bounded to each other, but well connected through networks with the rest of the world.

No comments: