Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I am an elitist

Lately, when I have stuck people about their beliefs I have heard back "Joe, you are such an elitist to think that..." Am I really? I wonder if it is just a way to stick me and not have to argue with me like "You are such a Nazi" or "You are being such a...(fill in your own stunner). For me, being labeled an elitist is like getting a hit in the gut during an argument. However, perhaps I need to come to terms that I may in fact be. Maybe my thoughts are rather high class. I want people to stop watching the TV and start interacting with each other. That's elitist. I want people to work more at things that fulfill them, desire less cash, and receive more non-cash benefits. That must also be elitist. While I am sarcastic in these comments, I do need some retrospection to see where I need to break from this "elitist attitude" that more than two people would call me such a name. Elitist. I dearly hope not to be and if I have to you I am sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're confusing elitist with idealist. Or hippie.